What is the proper name for cleaning up a crime scene?
This type of work goes by many names as there is no officially agreed upon name for this industry.
It is known as:
- Crime scene cleanup
- Crime and trauma scene clean up
- Trauma and crime scene clean up
- CTS Decon (decontamination)
- Forensic cleaning
- Crime scene cleaning
- Crime scene clean-up
- Trauma and crime scene biological and infectious hazard clean up
- Biohazard abatement
- Biohazard mitigation
- Death scene cleanup
- Accident scene cleanup
- And others
- Also you will find “cleanup” spelled cleanup, clean up, and clean-up
These terms all refer to the act of the biological cleaning at the scene of a suicide, murder/suicide, homicide, unattended death (decomp and/or human decomposition), accident, and various other situations which involved blood, body fluids, or tissue.
Generally any situation that involves cleaning, removal and disinfection of a bio-hazardous substance.