What are the regulations for crime scene cleanup training?
Many people ask us, “What are the crime scene clean up regulations?” Crime scene cleanup is regulated by federal OSHA regulations and various state regulations. You will need to be trained and certified in at least the following:
- Bloodborne Pathogens 29 CFR 1910.1030
- Respiratory Protection 29 CFR 1910.134
- Hazard Communication (HAZCOM) 29 CFR 1910.1200
- Personal Protective Equipment 29 CFR 1910.132
- Confined Space Awareness 29 CFR 1910.146
- Fall Protection Awareness 29 CFR 1910.66 Appendix C
- Lock Out/Tag Out Awareness 29 CFR 1910.147
If anyone tells you that all you need is a bloodborne pathogen certification please disregard them, as they are not qualified to tell you what training and certifications you need to become a crime scene cleaner.